Private Full Day Tour of the Highlights of Rome including tickets
Experience the magic of Rome in a day with a fully guided walking tour of the Colosseum, the historic centre and Vatican Museums with skip the line tickets. On your tour, you will:
- Enjoy the personalised attention of a private expert tour guide all day.
- Skip the line to the Colosseum and walk in the footsteps of the Gladiators!
- Learn about the emperors who built the Flavian Amphitheatre and the opening 100 days of games.
- See the iconic Triumphal Arch of Constantine.
- Explore the ruins of the Roman forum, the downtown of Ancient Rome.
- See the major highlights of Rome’s Centro Storico (historic centre) including the Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain and Piazza Navona.
- Stop for lunch in one of your guide's favourite haunts (lunch not included in the cost of the tour).
- Hop in a taxi across town to visit the Vatican Museums.
- Enjoy time, skip the line entrance tickets to the Vatican Museums and a tour of its highlights, including the Pinecone courtyard, the Laocoön, Galleries of the Maps and Tapestries, and the amazing Raphael Rooms.
- Marvel at the works of Michelangelo Buonarroti in the Sistine Chapel - the grand finale!
- End your tour on the Balcony of the iconic St. Peter's Basilica.
Discover the religious, historical, and cultural significance of Rome, once the Caput Mundi (head of the world) on this magical full-day privately guided tour. Walk in the footsteps of slaves and emperors, gladiators and Vestal Virgins, cardinals and artists as your expert guide weaves together the stories that have made Rome the Eternal City. Relish walking into the Colosseum and step out onto the stage – the most famous monument of the ancient world. Learn about a day in the life of an ancient Roman as you stroll through the Forum admiring the temples and basilicas still standing after two millennia.
Then plunge into the friendly hustle and bustle of ‘modern’ Rome as you walk around the historic centre, taking in such iconic sites as the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and the mighty Pantheon – the largest man-made cement dome with an oculus in the world. And it was built in the second century! After a pit stop for lunch, hop in a taxi across town where your guide will lead you through the hallowed halls of the Vatican Museums to wonder and marvel at the masterpieces from antiquity and those extraordinary, god-like rivals of the High Renaissance: Michelangelo and Raphael. On exiting the Sistine Chapel your tour will end on the iconic balcony of St Peter’s Basilica.
Note: Due to Covid restrictions, it may not be possible to access St. Peter's Basilica while on tour. In these cases, your tour will end in St. Peter's Square.
Type of tour
Walking tour - the cost of all taxis and transfers between sights is included.
- - Timed entrance tickets to the Colosseum & Roman Forum
- Timed entrance tickets to the Vatican Museums.
Gratuities, food & drink are not included.
Culture Vulture, Family, Friends, History Buffs
Attractions along this route:
The Roman Empire’s largest amphitheatre, and one of the world’s most awe-inspiring ancient monuments.
A beautiful Baroque fountain, built at the end of an ancient Roman aqueduct.
Once you climb Europe’s longest outdoor stairs, enjoy a beautiful vista of Rome with St Peter's Basilica in the distance.
The political, religious and civic heart of ancient Rome.
Perhaps ancient Rome's most astonishing architectural feat.
A lovely square on the former site of the Stadium of Domitian, boasting wonderful Baroque fountains.
St. Peter's Basilica
The most important church in the Catholic world, and without doubt the most impressive.
A jaw-dropping Papal collection of art and artefacts.
Arch of Constantine
The largest and most magnificent of Rome's triumphal arches, with a curious history in its sculpture.
The Sistine Chapel is a chapel in the Apostolic Palace, in Vatican City and the official residence of the pope.