The Island of Glass & Colour: Exclusive tour of Murano by Private Boat
Experience the iconic archipelago of Murano, world-famous for its glassmaking, by private water taxi. On your private tour you will:
- Enjoy the personal attention of your private guide with pick up and drop off at the location of your choice.
- Travel in the comfort of a luxury Venetian motorboat.
- Visit Murano's oldest glassmaking factory, and see firsthand a demonstration of this fine art.
- Visit an exclusive exhibition normally closed to the public, and meet world-acclaimed maestro Fabio Fornasier.
- Travel like a local, and enjoy a luxury boat ride through the Venetian Lagoon with stunning panoramic views.
- Tickets, fares and private guides are all included.
The Venetian Lagoon has many islands, each with its own character and heritage. Foremost among these is the archipelago of Murano, with its many bridges connecting the islands, and which provides a respite from the touristy bustle of the historic city. Murano has been the centre for glassmaking in the region since 1291.
Your tour guide will take you via private water taxi across the stunning Venetian Lagoon to Murano. On arrival, you'll walk the colourful streets and enjoy many photo opportunities before enjoying an exclusive visit to the oldest family-run glass workshop, not usually open to the public. Here you'll meet the master glassblower and his team who will give you a private demonstration in which you'll see how they twist the molten glass to make different shapes and items. If you are lucky, you will also see them colouring the glass. A very special part of the tour includes a private viewing of the world-famous Maestro Fabio Fornasier's exhibition, not open to the general public.
Throughout the experience, your guide will explain the history and secrets of the profession, how glassblowing shaped the fabric of Murano’s society and odd little facts such as why the glassblowers used to be immune from prosecution.
Don’t forget… if you buy any hand-made glass souvenirs, ask them to wrap it up in bubble wrap so it survives the journey home!
Type of tour
Walking & Private Boat Transfers
- Glass blowing demonstration
- -Gratuities, food & Drink are not included.
Couples, Culture Vulture, Friends, Nature & Outdoors
Attractions along this route:
Known for its people's mastery in the art of shaping glass, this island is a top attraction of the Venetian Lagoon.
Watch artisans make chandeliers, vases, statues and other beautiful objects.
The Laguna Veneta is the heartbeat of the city and is best experienced in the early morning before tourists descend.
Maestro Fabio Fornasier
Learn about the history and skill of glass blowing, from the master himself- Maestro Fabio Fornasier.
Modern Glassblowing Techniques
Uncover the 21st century artistry that goes behind glass blowing, allowing for unique and delicate designs.