Family Friendly Royal London: Full Day Private Tour
- Instant Confirmation
- Private Tour
- 6 hr
Enjoy a family-friendly private tour of Royal London and discover its most popular highlights including the Changing of the Guard, a visit to the Tower of London and a Thames river boat ride.
Operated by: Travel Curious
Experience the perfect tour of Royal London in a day for families with teens and children, including the Changing of the Guard. Keep even the most easily distracted children entertained on this fabulous, fun, and fascinating tour of Royal London! We know how important it is to inspire all ages and work hard to ensure a perfect match with a family-friendly Blue Badge guide.
On your private tour you will:
- Explore the grand buildings around Westminster, like the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, and Westminster Abbey from the outside;
- Walk down Birdcage Walk to see St James's Park and the Pelicans donated to King Charles II by a Russian ambassador during a visit in 1664;
- Witness the pomp and circumstance of the Changing of the Guard;
- Walk along the Mall to see St James's Palace, the Horse Guards on Whitehall, and the iconic Trafalgar Square with the mighty Nelson's Column;
- Enjoy a scenic river boat ride up the Thames with fabulous views of St. Paul's Cathedral and Shakespeare's Globe, skyscrapers like the Shard, to Tower Bridge;
- Enjoy a fully guided tour of the Tower of London with priority access - no waiting in line!
- Learn about the Tudors, especially two of the wives of Henry VIII who were imprisoned and beheaded at the Tower: Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard.
- Walk around Tower Green, visit the White Tower, and see the execution site of Anne Boleyn and others;
- Explore the prison cells - see the graffiti left by Lady Jane Grey and Sir Walter Raleigh;
- Visit the torture chambers and hear the gruesome tales and techniques of medieval torture;
- Learn all about the magnificent Crown Jewels outside the Jewel House; before going in without your guide (this is due to the strict security measures in place)
- Your tour ends outside the Jewel House where you are free to explore at your leisure, or your guide will accompany you out and help you on your way.
Please note: that the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace happens on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, but can be subject to change and weather conditions. On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays you will see the changing of the Horseguards at Horse Guards Parade on Whitehall. The tour begins at 10 a.m. every day except Sunday when it begins at 9.15 a.m.
Learn all about London's incredible past on this fun, action-packed full-day tour of Royal London. From the Gunpowder Plot at the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, a terrifying coronation at Westminster Abbey in 1066, to following the Changing of the Guard ceremony, you and the kids will be hooked all the way!
Hear about the secret underground tunnels below Buckingham Palace, and the times when thieves and madmen were able to break in - including a 14-year-old cat burglar who was caught stealing Queen Victoria's knickers!
Head up to Whitehall and Trafalgar Square, and learn about the legends of the lions, before a fantastic river boat ride down the Thames to Tower Bridge. See if you can spot famous London Landmarks along the way - like Shakespeare's Globe, the Shard, and St Paul's Cathedral.
After a well-earned lunch break at St Katharine's Docks, reconvene with your guide outside Traitor's Gate! Yes, it's time for your tour of the Tower of London. An ancient fortress built by William the Conqueror, it used to have polar bears in the moat - neither the moat nor the bears have survived!
Explore the White Tower and the Armoury, the Chapel Royal, and the prison cells... learn about the mystery of the Princes in the Tower, and the gruesome executions that took place here. See the burial place of three Queens: Anne Boleyn, Catharine Howard, and Lady Jane Grey. Meet the Beefeaters and the ravens who guard the Tower, and learn about medieval torture in the dungeons!
Finally, hear all about the Crown Jewels, before heading into the Jewel House and be dazzled by the priceless collection of royal jewellery and regalia, including the legendary Kohinoor Diamond and King Edward's Crown.
End your tour inside the Tower to explore more of the cells, dungeons, and medieval torture chambers at your leisure - or return to modern life with your guide!
Type of tour
Walking tour including a boat ride from Embankment Pier to Tower Bridge Pier
- - English-speaking tour guide
- - Tower of London admission tickets
- - Thames River Ride tickets
- Gratuities optional
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off are not included
Couples, Culture Vulture, Family, History Buffs
Attractions along this route:
Buckingham Palace is the official London residence for HM Queen Elizabeth II and it's one of London’s most popular attractions.
Renamed "Elizabeth Tower" for the Diamond Jubilee of Elizabeth II, the iconic Victorian clock tower of London, has become a symbol of the city itself.
Tower of London
One of England's first Norman castles, as well as its most feared prison and the home of the Crown Jewels.
A beautiful historic square in the heart of London and one of the city's top tourist attractions.
London's iconic bridge across the River Thames, with two beautiful Victorian towers.
One of London's oldest and most magnificent churches, with a long-standing connection to the royal family.
London's royal avenue leading from Trafalgar Square to Buckingham Palace.
St James's Park
A green oasis in royal London that is host to numerous ceremonies - and has a lake complete with pelicans.