Private Driving Tour of Fort Lauderdale
Nicknamed the Venice of America, Florida is an iconic, quintessential Florida beach city. The city is littered with luxury homes along canals, visited by private boats and gondolas, and has spectacular sandy beaches. On your private tour of Fort Lauderdale, you will: On your private tour of Fort Lauderdale, you will:
- Begin your tour in one of its historic neighbourhoods, Sailboat Bend, to see the 'bungalow' style architecture for which the city was once known.
- Drive through its historic districts and learn the city's rich history from a small trading post into the home of mega-yachts and mansions.
- Stroll down the streets of Las Olas and visit the city's spectacular art galleries and charming pavement cafés.
- Explore the many ways - rivers, canals, marinas - that water is at the centre of local life in the city.
- See the mega-yachts in the Bahia Mar Marina, as you become familiar with the lifestyles of the city’s elite.
- Enjoy a small bite and drink (house wine or beer) along your route, while your guide gives you the download on the best way to spend the rest of your time in the city, including tips on visiting the antique car museum.
Lush with natural beauty around which the entire city was designed, Fort Lauderdale is a glamorous city on Florida's southeastern coast. It was named for the US Army Major William Lauderdale who led campaigns against the Native Americans in the 1838 Seminole War. Since then, the city has grown to become less of a strategic military post and more of a port-of-call for the world's major cruise lines and a haven for the rich-and-famous. The influx of travellers has grown the city into an idyllic spot for spending a single day sightseeing and relaxing in equal measure. On your private driving tour, your guide will take you to the highlights and local spots - showing you the best the city has on offer to give you the authentic, local experience.
Type of tour
Excursion with Driver tour - you will have your own luxury private vehicle accompanying you throughout the tour.
No tickets required
A light snack and drink
Culture Vulture, Family, Friends, History Buffs
Attractions along this route:
Riverwalk Ft Lauderdale
With year round activities, including markets and live music at outdoor venues, the riverwalk is an urban development with the goal of connecting local communities.
Bermuda Riviera Neighborhood
Connected by bridges, though largely accessed by water and canals, the Bermuda Riviera is one of Ft Lauderdale's luxurious and scenic neighborhoods.
East Las Olas Boulevard
The gorgeous scenic boulevard is more than just luxury homes with an impressive zip code, it's the heartbeat of the city's local boutiques, restaurants, and nightlife.
Fort Lauderdale Historic Districts
Home to three designated historic districts: The Sailboat Bend, The Himmarshee, and The Stranahan House, each has a unique style and architecture, which gave it historic distinction.
Bahia Mar Marina
Reputed to be one of the yachting capitals of the world, Bahia Mar Marina is the place to stroll and be wowed by the world's mega-yachts.