Private Cultural Walking Tour of LA’s Fashion District
Get to know the “real” Los Angeles with this immersive and cultural experience of the Fashion and Flower Districts located in the heart of Downtown, where locals from several industries spend their days purchasing wholesale flowers and fabric. On your private cultural walk, you will:
- Visit The Original LA Flower market - a 55,000 square foot warehouse where film, commercial, leisure, and wedding professionals come to buy flowers each day wholesale.
- Indulge in one of the best local takeaway Mexican-food spots for lunch, Sonoratown.
- Sip on an 'agua fresca' to refresh you before heading into the frenetic pace of the Fashion District
- Shop in Santee Alley, surrounded by people in the industry looking for the best bargains
- Find your own deals amongst the trendy apparel, electronics, luggage, perfumes, and accessories all on sale - but beware of counterfeits.
- Your tour ends at Pattern Bar, where you can pop in for a quick drink or indulge in their extensive cocktail list for the rest of your afternoon
Welcome to the heart of downtown LA - its flower and fashion districts, where local professionals come each day to acquire the gamut of things they may need for their work - from wholesale flower arrangements to off-label clothing for commercials. Enjoy the bustle of it all and imagine your own dreamworld of working in Hollywood or the OC, while mingling with people who have forged a living out of their unique skills. You will learn about the history of downtown, about the two districts, and about the way immigrant communities have continued to keep downtown thriving, since the first Mexican immigrants settled in the area over 500 years ago.
Type of tour
Walking tour – no transport costs are included. Your guide will help you get around on the day.
An 'agua fresca' and a burrito at a local restaurant stop
Culture Vulture, Family, Friends
Attractions along this route:
Known as the “bargain hunter’s paradise”, Santee Alley offers a unique LA shopping experience and is the heart of the Fashion District.
Offering a fashionable atmosphere and drinks named after famous designers and sewing machines, Pattern Bar is one of DTLA's hottest cocktail bars.
The Original LA Flower Market
The original LA flower market is an expansive indoor flower market founded in 1921 with 50 vendors displaying a vast array of different flowers from all over the world.
Known for serving the best Sonora-style tacos in downtown LA with delicious carne asada cooked over mesquite wood fire, enjoy the best of lunch in the neighborhood.