The Cotswolds: Private Day Trip from Bath
- Instant Confirmation
- Private Tour
- 8 hr
Embark on an excursion through the honey-coloured, fairytale villages of England’s idyllic Cotswolds on this private day trip from Bath with your professional driver guide.
Operated by: Travel Curious
Experience the idyllic villages, towns and rivers of the Cotswolds – a designated area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and evocative of quintessential Old England. On your private tour of the Cotswolds, you will:
- Be met by your private, Blue Badge driver-guide at your accommodation in Bath, with a return trip.
- Drive along the old Roman roads through the South Cotswolds into Bibury, one of its most picturesque villages.
- Visit one of Bibury’s favourite spots, Arlington Row, a group of ancient cottages dating back to the 16th century.
- Admire the famous honey-coloured Cotswold stone that makes the area so unique.
- Journey on to Bourton-on-the-Water described as the ‘Little Venice’ of the Cotswolds. It straddles the river Windrush and has a series of elegant low bridges beside pristine tree-shaded tidy stone banks.
- Drive four miles down the road to the idyllic market town of Stow-on-the-Wold. This is the quintessential Cotswolds town, with its grand manors and gardens, ancient woodlands and rolling hills.
- Wander around Stow and grab a traditional pub lunch (price not included) in the square at The Queens Head.
- Visit Cirencester and see one of England's grand estate homes (external only) and home to the seat of the Earl of Bathurst.
With its cute-as-a-button thatched and honey-coloured houses, windowsills of flowers and cobblestone streets, your expert private guide will lead you through the quaint cottages and quiet backwaters for some of England’s most iconic views and countryside: the Cotswolds.
The Cotswolds is an enormous area, spanning over five counties and is home to famous stately homes and palaces, quaint villages, babbling brooks and streams, and the ‘wolds’. There is so much to see, do, and admire in the Cotwolds – and on this tour, you will be able to walk through some of the most photogenic villages like Bibury and market towns such as Stow-on-the-Wold. You’ll also stop off at Cirencester Park, famous for the polo tournaments where Princes Charles, William, and Harry have played over the years and ancestral home to the Earl of Bathurst.
For this whirlwind tour of the gorgeous Cotswolds, you will experience a fully guided tour, with live commentary on board an air-conditioned vehicle by your driver and guide. Gratuities and pub lunch are not included. Please note that we operate in all weather conditions, and will be spending a considerable amount of time outdoors, so dress appropriately. And don’t forget your camera!
Type of tour
Day Trip: including a private vehicle throughout the tour
- English Speaking Driver Guide
- Gratuities optional
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Couples, Family, History Buffs, Nature Lover
Attractions along this route:
The Cotswolds are a range of gently rolling hills and the largest area of outstanding natural beauty in England and Wales. It’s famous for quintessentially English market towns and villages built from honey-coloured stones.
Bibury from Bath
Bibury is a charming, typically Cotswold village. It's known for its honey-coloured 17th-century stone cottages with steeply pitched roofs.
Bourton on the Water
Located in a small valley amongst the gently rolling hills of the Cotswolds, Bourton-on-the-Water has been described as the 'Little Venice' and is one of the most popular tourist spots in the region.
Stow on the Wold
Stow-on-the-Wold is a market town and the highest of the Cotswold towns standing exposed at 800ft high Stow Hill at a junction of seven roads, including the Roman Fosse Way.
One of England's most idyllic streets and one of its most photographed for obvious reasons, a walk down Arlington Row is not to be missed.