Iconic Architecture of New York City: Private Tour of the Big Apple
Operated by: Travel Curious
Explore the architectural magnificence of towering buildings and famous avenues that define the cosmopolitan metropolis of New York City on this fascinating tour of the Big Apple’s iconic skyscrapers, including entrance tickets to SUMMIT One Vanderbilt. On your private tour you will:
- Enjoy the personal attention and expertise of your private guide.
- Explore the iconic highlights of New York City in Chelsea, Hudson Yards, and Midtown Manhattan.
- Begin at Madison Square Park on the corner of 5th Avenue as you learn the history and layout of this historic, contemporary, cosmopolitan metropolis.
- See the Flatiron Building, one of the city’s first skyscrapers.
- Visit Chelsea to see the impressive Google Store, and the Chelsea Market, constructed in the 1890s and the original home of the Oreo cookie!
- Walk the scenic Highline with fabulous views of New York’s famous skyline and the Hudson River.
- Visit Hudson Yards, New York’s biggest, newest, buzzing gated community.
- See the jaw-dropping sky-high buildings, malls, residences, offices, and museums including the Edge, the Vessel and the Shed.
- Crane your neck upward toward the Empire State Building as your guide tells you all about this legendary construction.
- Explore Midtown Manhattan and stop by its most renowned buildings, including Macy’s, Madison Square Gardens, the Chanin and the Chrysler Buildings.
- Enjoy a short, guided tour of the Grand Central Terminal.
- End your private tour outside the entrance to SUMMIT One Vanderbilt inside the Grand Central Terminal. Entrance tickets are included and your guide will help you find your way inside.
Visitors feel like they already know New York as the setting of so many movies and TV series from King Kong to Miracle on 34th Street. This is your chance to really walk those streets and see those amazing buildings and feel the scintillating atmosphere of New York, the city that never sleeps!
Since its founding 400 years ago, New York City has been in a constant state of construction, with the Big Apple’s iconic skyline evolving year by year. On your private architectural tour, you will visit the most renowned areas, buildings and streets of the Big Apple.
Of course, you’ll see the illustrious skyscrapers like the Chrysler and the 102-story Art Deco Empire State Building, which was the world’s tallest building for nearly 40 years on 34th Street, Manhattan’s stretch of famous structures. But, not all of New York City's 700,000 buildings touch the clouds. You will also discover lesser-known buildings and areas too and learn the backstories to the Big Apple’s pioneering architecture, the people, and the politics that made it happen.
Type of tour
Walking tour – no transport costs are included. Your guide will help you get around on the day.
Tickets to Summit One Vanderbilt
Food & drinks not included
Food & drinks not included
Arty Farty, Family, Friends, History Buffs
Attractions along this route:
Empire State Building
The building that defined an epoch, it stood as the world's tallest for over 40 years.
Grand Central Station
One of the USA's most famous landmarks, this historic transport hub made New York what it is today.
A stunning Art Deco pinnacle, the Chrysler was the world's tallest building when it opened in 1930.
Innovative urban park on old train route
A food hall built inside the factory complex where the Oreo cookie was invented.
The most expensive real estate development in American history, coming in at $25B, the Hudson Yards rejuvenated the entire western side of midtown.
This structure of connected staircases has become the centrepiece of New York City's newest neighbourhood.
The Shed is a cultural centre in Hudson Yards hosting all types of artistic presentations.
Madison Square Garden
Considered "The World's Most Famous Arena".
Summit One Vanderbilt
The Summit One Vanderbilt in the city of New York offers emblematic views of its main attractions, such as the Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, and Times Square. The observation deck is 305 meters above the ground, and also provides an audiovisual experience for the visitors.