Private Full Day Highlights Tour of San Diego
Discover San Diego’s compelling character, rich in Mexican heritage and fascinating history. With over seventy miles of sunny coastline and equally compelling adventures awaiting inland, San Diego is an idyllic place to spend a day familiarising yourself. On your full day highlights tour, you will:
- Visit stunning La Jolla Cove and enjoy marine life and the bay. Take a photo stop at Soledad Mountain with amazing views on downtown San Diego, Tijuana, MX and the Mission bay.
- Drive past Mission Bay and pay a visit to Belmont Park in Ocean Beach, one of the oldest amusement parks in the USA.
- Walk around San Diego Old Town and the Spanish Mission. Enjoy a great lunch at one of the authentic Mexican restaurants on San Diego Avenue.
- Learn about Balboa Park, San Diego’s World Fair location. Visit the Botanic Garden and pass the several great museums and Rose Gardens.
- Take a hike to tide pools at the Cabrillo National Monument and enjoy another stunning view on Downtown San Diego, Coronado Island and Tijuana Beach.
- Take a photo stop at the famous USS Midway followed by a dinner in San Diego’s nightlife area the Gaslamp Quarter.
On this fascinating in-depth Private Full Day San Diego Highlights tour, you will discover much about California’s second-largest city, from its ‘discovery’ by Rodriguez Cabrillo in 1542, to the indigenous Kumeyaay peoples who occupied the area 12,000 years prior to European arrival. Learn about the settlement of San Dieguito, and the cultural, socio-political and historical developments that powered it to a city of a population of 1.4 million. With a deeply embedded Mexican heritage, the legacy of San Diego’s place in the Mexican Empire from 1821 is a fascinating story. An Italian community, established in Waterfront Park in the early 19th century, has also shaped the culture of the city. See for yourself why San Diego - or Sandie as the locals call it - is dubbed America’s Finest City.
On the San Diego Private Half Day Highlights tour, you will visit several of the city’s major historical sites, quaint neighbourhoods and parks, and Coronado Island - a picturesque peninsula blessed by gorgeous beaches, tidal pools and coves. Soak up the buzz of the Gaslamp Quarter, the architecture of Old Town, and Balboa Park. San Diego offers plenty of mouth-watering options for lunch, from delicious fish tacos to homemade pasta. At Ocean Beach, enjoy a laid back hippy vibe and browse artisan trinkets before relishing the stunning coastal stretch of La Jolla with its seals, sea lions and seabirds - San Diego’s famous ‘Paradise By the Sea’. Then - at the end of the tour - have your private guide drop you off back at your hotel or somewhere central of your choosing.
Type of tour
Driver tour - you will have your own luxury private vehicle accompanying you throughout the tour.
Entrance to Cabrillo National Monument
Gratuities are included in the price of this tour
Culture Vulture, Family, Friends, Looking for Local
Attractions along this route:
Historical neighborhood in San Diego downtown. Many different architectural buildings to discover.
One of downtown's many places to stop for a snack and walk along the harbor.
Famous and gorgeous island located right next to San Diego.
Beautiful park in the heart of the city. Home to many museums and the world-famous San Diego Zoo.
Old Town San Diego
Old Town is the historic heart of San Diego. Created in 1769, Old Town San Diego was California’s first settlement with only a mission and a fort.
La Jolla cove has great ocean views, art collection and the sea-lions to entertain you.
One of San Diego's bohemian neighborhoods, Ocean Beach is an idyllic beach for passing a day in the sand and wandering the pier for a bite.
La Jolla Seals and Sea Lions
No trip to La Jolla is complete without spotting some of the beach's famous wildlife. The area's marine mammals have made La Jolla their favorite place for birthing pups.