Private Wine Tasting Excursion in Sonoma County
Sonoma County is home to some of the state's most well-known wineries and appellations, including the Russian River Valley. Like all wine-tasting, the best way to do it is in an all-inclusive luxurious way. On your private excursion to Sonoma, you will:
- Enjoy hotel pick up and a scenic drive in a luxury vehicle from the city to the rolling landscapes of Sonoma Wine Country.
- Enjoy a thorough introduction to tasting wine, principles of viticulture and oenology, and the history of Sonoma.
- Learn about over two centuries of wine-making in Sonoma along with the differences from its neighbour, Napa.
- Enjoy all-inclusive tastings at two different wineries, learning about each of their varietals. As you sip.
- Seize the opportunity to become wine club members of wineries and have wine arrive at your door throughout the year.
- Stop for lunch in one of the valley's historic towns and enjoy the best of California's farm-to-table cuisine. Your guide will drop you off after your first tasting and pick you up in time for your second tasting. Please note: cost of lunch is not included.
- Enjoy an easy trip back into the city with hotel drop-off by your driver guide.
Sonoma's wine country is an easy trip outside San Francisco with equally dazzling wines to its famous neighbour, Napa. On your excursion, your private guide will whisk you away, so you can relax as your guide introduces you to the wineries where you'll be spending your day. Enjoy tastings at two wineries, lunch in Sonoma, and an easy transfer back to the city in the late afternoon.
If you're wondering about how to dress for this tour, the simple answer is: smart casual. While wine tasting tends to be an upscale luxury experience, Sonoma has venues that range from sophisticated to relaxed. Dressy jeans are very appropriate. Mens jackets not necessary, but a sport-coat is appropriate for cooler seasons. Women's attire during the daytime are sundresses, or jeans with blouse, jumper or blazer. Dress for variable weather, as Sonoma County has microclimates and may be significantly warmer or cooler than San Francisco according to the season. You will be able to leave items in the vehicle, so please feel free to dress in layers.
Type of tour
Excursion with Driver tour - you will have your own luxury private vehicle accompanying you throughout the tour.
Tastings at two Sonoma wineries
Refreshments and light snacks in the vehicle
Couples, Culture Vulture, Friends
Attractions along this route:
Sonoma County Wineries
Neighboring Napa, Sonoma County has equally famous wineries and appellations, including the Russian River Valley.
Wine Making Process
Throughout your tour, your guide will explain the wine making process from planting through distribution, and the ways in which it differs around the world.
Tastings at 2 Sonoma Wineries
Sonoma County boasts over 250 wineries, who grow a wide range of white and red varietals, but are noted largely for their chardonnays, pinot noirs, and cabernet sauvignon grapes.
After massive popularity for af ew decades, Chardonnay has gained a bad reputation of being 'buttery and oaky', and it's become trendy to dislike it. But keep an open mind as vintners continue to experiment with new flavor profiles for the grape.
Bordeaux style California reds
Bordeaux wines are always blends comprised of 6 grapes: Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Malbec, Cabernet Franc, Petite Verdot, and Carmenere. Bordeaux-style reds are typical of Northern California because of its' similarities in climate to Bordeaux.