Hobbiton Movie Set Tour from Auckland
You will have your private driver guide for the entire journey, the main tour in Hobbiton is conducted in small groups of 22 to 25 people. Should you require a completely private experience please enquire with us.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Auckland Domain, Park Road, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
Pick up from your hotel accommodation and drive through Auckland CBD and head out towards Waikato region and the Hobbiton Movie set.
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
Hobbiton Movie Set Tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Pickup available from any Auckland CBD hotels, Port, or Airport (additional charges may apply for port or airport)
Return DetailsDrop-off available to any Auckland CBD hotels, Port, or Airport
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour is available for Shore Excursions. Times are flexible to ensure you return well in time for your ship's departure
- All guides speak English. If you should need a guide that speaks one the following languages it will cost an additional flat rate of 150NZD per group booked: Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
Hobbiton is beautiful and the attention to detail was amazing. The behind the scenes stories were fun. Our tour had people who had never seen any of the movies or read any of the books, they could hardly wait to do so. Our driver was not at ease in busy traffic, but knew the area and relayed local stories.
Tour guide was fantastic!!!! This tour was excellent and really fun!!! Well worth the money!!1
We haven't seen Lord of the Rings in years, but the visit to Hobbiton makes it imperative to see them again. Great fun.