Private round-trip transfer from Beijing to Jinshanling Great Wall
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jinshanling Great Wall, Chengde Shi, Luanping County 068250 China
After the pick-up, you'll be driven for Jinshanling Great Wall directly. Driving for about 2 hours.
The driver will drop you off at the main gate (mid-gate) of Jinshanling Great Wall. You are supposed to hike for approximately 6km, and get out from the east gate. We'll send you a file of the route after booking and you'll know how to figure out the way.
Usually the hiking takes around 3-4 hours.
The driver will wait for you at the parking place just out of the east gate.
Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
Pick-up from your centrally located hotel in Beijing: The tour guide will meet you at the lobby of your hotel at designated time. He/she may confirm with you about your name and tour details from mobile or printed paper.
Pick-up from Beijing PEK airport (in front of arrival exit: KFC at T2; Starbucks at T3); MAKE SURE THAT YOUR LANDING TIME IS NO LATER THAN 08:00 A.M. SO AS TO MAKE THIS TOUR. The tour guide will hold a piece of paper with your name written on, looking for you at the designated place (in KFC of T2 or Starbucks at T3). Please pay enough attention to find him/her. If you can’t see him/her at designated time, please call our reception at +86 10 84002429.
- Capital Airport, Shunyi, Beijing 101300 China
|Monday - Sunday:||06:00 AM - 01:00 PM|
|Monday - Sunday:||07:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Moderate-level hiking, good fitness level required for all ages
- Hiking or other comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Bring hat, sunscreen, snacks and bottle water
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
My husband and I chose this particular tour as it was considered to be less touristy and had elements of both original and restored parts of the wall. Our tour guide, Jane was fantastic. She provided us with a great understanding of the history and was open to answer any questions the group may have had. She also offered to provide us with helpful tips during our stay in China too, including some dining options that would be suitable for vegetarians and even made some phone calls for us on the coach to enquire. We would definitely recommend this tour to anyone visiting China.
This to me is the very best way to experience the Great Wall, provided you are active and can enjoy a 3-hour hike by yourself which sometimes can be a little steep. Jinshanling is far enough from Beijing to not be crowded with tourists we were pretty much the only group at the wall, fifteen people, and it is vast enough so you can walk by yourself if you like, and also restored enough to be walkable and not perilous. If you are in shape and are up for the exercise, this might be the day you'll remember the most for years to come of your visit to China, like it is ours. Also, the guide from Beijing Backpackers Hostel was very cool.
We had a great day. The site is wonderful. Very friendly guide. Highly recommended.