Private Shrine of Fátima and Aljustrel Religious Tour

7 Ratings
  • Audio Guide
  • Live Guide
  • Instant Confirmation
  • Day Trip
  • Pickup Service
  • Private Tour
  • E-Ticket

Discover the charms of Fatima and let yourself be drawn into the spirituality of this place of worship and history. Did you know that the Sanctuary of Fatima is one of the most special places of worship in the world? Just in 2019, 6.3 million people visited Fatima. It is not by chance that this site is known as The Altar of the World. The Sanctuary of Fatima is located in Cova da Iria, a place that, until 1917, was unknown by the Portuguese themselves. One of the most important landmarks in modern religious history took place on that year. Three children, Jacinta, Lúcia and Francisco — who would become known as the three little shepherds — witnessed the apparition of Our Lady of the Rosary. Over the years, the stories of faith and the apparitions of Our Lady to the Little Shepherds have made Fatima a pilgrimage destination for people from all corners of the world. This is not just another tour; it is a visit filled with tranquillity and knowledge.

Itinerary Details

This is a typical itinerary for this product

Stop At:

The sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima has become, throughout the years, the fourth biggest catholic pilgrimage site in the world. It has been constructed over time near the area of Cova da Iria, where three young shepherds witnessed Marion apparitions three times. You'll be able to visit the place where the three young shepherds have witnessed the miracles of apparition, several prayer areas and the Square with statues representing some of the Popes. Prayer Area - Large Holm-oak Prayer Area - Monument of the Sacred Heart of Jesus Prayer Area - Nativity Scene Prayer Area - Berlin Wall Prayer Area – The new Altar John Paul II and Pius XII Squares and the High Cross

Duration: 30 minutes

Stop At: Capela Das Aparicoes

The chapel of the Apparitions is the "heart" of the Shrine of Fatima. It was in the place of the Chapel that the Virgin Mary talked to the little shepherds. Out of the six apparitions of the Virgin Mary, five of them happened in this place – May, June, July, September, and October – where, by the Lady’s indication, a chapel in her honour was to be constructed. Built between April 28 and June 15, 1919, it was later blessed, having Mass been celebrated there for the first time on October 13, 1921. Dynamited in the morning of March 6, 1922, it was restored and reopened on January 13, 1923.

Duration: 30 minutes

Stop At: Basilica de Nossa Senhora do Rosario de Fatima

The temple consists of a large nave with presbytery, transept and two sacristies. It has 14 side altars in each altar, a mystery of the rosary. One of the altars is where the tombs of Jacinta, Francisco and Lucia are. Since their beatification, a lot of people come inside to the basilica to see them. One of the altars is where the tombs of Jacinta, Francisco and Lucia are. Since their beatification, a lot of people come inside to the basilica to see them.

Duration: 30 minutes

Stop At: Museu do Santuario de Fatima

(OPTIONAL) The Museum of the Shrine of Fatima was founded in 1955 to preserve the “the remains of a past that starts (started) to be distant" and to gather a collection of historical, artistic and ethnographic items that could protect the memory of the testimonies of international pilgrimages of the Pilgrim's Virgin statue. The museum also keeps the relics related to the history of the apparitions and their protagonists

Duration: 30 minutes

Stop At: Basilica of the Holy Trinity

The first stone was laid on 6 June 2004 and was consecrated on 12 October 2007. The altar is made out of a unique piece of local stone, branco do mar. In the front side of the altar, there is a piece of marble from the tomb of the Apostle Peter (over which the Basilica of the St. Peter was built, in the Vatican)

Duration: 30 minutes

Stop At:

Following the path usually taken by the little shepherds, the Way of the Cross - or the Way of the Little Shepherds - ends on a Hungarian Calvary whose chapel is dedicated to St. Stephen, king of Hungary.

Duration: 30 minutes

Stop At: Loca do Anjo

Loca do Anjo - or Loca do Cabeço - is the site where the first and the third apparitions of the Angel took place.

Duration: 30 minutes

Stop At: Poco do Arneiro

On the backyard of Lucia's house there is a well that became known for being the site of the second apparition of the Angel, in the summer of 1916.

Duration: 30 minutes

Stop At: Valinhos Sanctuary

Between the 8th and 9th station of the Way of the Cross in the Path of the little Shepherds, there is the place where the fourth apparition of Our Lady, on August 19, 1917, occurred. The monument that marks the event was constructed with donations from the Hungarian Catholics.

Duration: 30 minutes

Stop At: Casa De Lucia

This is the house where Lucia was born and lived. In 1981, Sister Lucia donated the house to the Shrine. The surrounding area was arranged and a new information office was built there.

Duration: 30 minutes

Stop At:

The other two little shepherds that witnessed the apparition of the Virgin Mary were born and raised in this house. The house is located 200m away from Lucia's house. It was also acquired by the shrine and later rebuilt.

Duration: 30 minutes

Stop At: Casa-Museu de Aljustrel

This first permanent Musicological Centre of the Shrine was inaugurated on August 19, 1992 and is in the house once owned by Maria Rosa, baptism godmother of Lucia. It is divided in four sections which allow us to understand the daily life back to the period of the apparitions.

Duration: 30 minutes

Pass By: Paroquia de Fatima e dos Pastorinhos

This is the church where the 3 little shepherds were baptized. It still preserves the fountain and baptism area where the little shepherds were baptized. You can see some their photographs on the walls and the copies of their baptism certificates.

Stop At:

(OPTIONAL) Francisco Marto died holy on April 4, 1919, at his parents' house. His remains were buried in the parish cemetery of Fatima until March 13, 1952, when they were moved to the Basilica of Cova da Iria, on the nascent side. Jacinta Marto died on the night of February 20, 1920 (at the age of 10) and her body was buried in the municipal cemetery of "Vila Nova de Ourém". In 1935, at the request of Father Manuel Pedro Marto, Jacinta's body was transferred to the cemetery of Fatima. In 1951, the bodies of The Little Shepherds Francisco and Jacinta were made to the Basilica of Our Lady of Fatima, where they remain.

Duration: 30 minutes
This site uses cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse you agree to the use of cookies. Learn more in our Privacy Policy.