Phnom Penh Hop On Hop Off - Killing Fields and Prison S21 Tour
4 hr, 30 min
Riverfront - Genocide Museum - Killing Fields
Route Duration: 4 hours 30 minutes
- 9 Preah Ang Duong St. (110)
Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum / Choeung Ek Genocidal Center
Operates: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm 1:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Return DetailsYou may disembark at any of the available stops.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Call our local number or send us an email to confirm hotel pick up time and location. We provide 3 sets of phone number for contact: 016745880, 0962460530, 017232043
- The Killing Fields tour is a shared tour, please be on time for pickup
- This is not a guided tour
- Pick up times: Morning tour: pick up time starts from 8am. If your hotel is near riverfront, pick up time will be between 8am - 8:15am. If your hotel is a bit far away from riverside, pick up time will be between 8:15am - 9:00am. Afternoon tour: pick up time starts from 1:30pm, if your hotel is near riverfront, pick up time will be between 1:30pm - 1:45pm, if your hotel is a bit far away from riverside, pick up time will be between 1:45pm - 2:30pm
- Guide services run by Prison 21 are subject to availability
- Please wait near the reception desk for pick up and inform the receptionist. Please do not stay in your room as you may miss the pick up vehicle.
- Pick up might be delayed due to traffic condition and special events.
- Audio Tours: (Optional)
- S21 (Genocide Museum) Audio Tour: $3,
- available in 6 languages
- Our visit time assigned at the museum is from 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes depending on the traffic on the road. So you are suggested to take the highlight tour if you take the audio tour. Highlight Audio Tour is about 50 minutes. Please follow the numbers printed in RED on the tour map. Extensive Audio Tour is about 2 hours long and is not suitable for our group.
- Killing Fields Audio Tour: $3, available in 15 languages
- if you are very interested in the history of Khmer Rouge regime and really want to know more or study more about it, take a full day private tour instead
- We will do hotel pick up in downtown of Phnom Penh. Some hotels are not in our pick up zone due to traffic problem.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please Note: Due to the bad traffic near Orussey Market, Olympic Market, guests who stay at Orussey One Hotel, Sim Boutique Hotel, V Hotel and other hotels in Kirirom area (G area on our map) will be advised to go to our meeting point G Mekong Hotel for pick up, it will be 5-10 minutes walk. (please use the map of Booking website to find the location)
- If you decide to take the audio tour at Prison S21, you are advised to take the short version (in red numbers on the museum guide map) of the Audio guide and start the tour straight away. Please watch the time when you take the audio guide as the short version is about 50 minutes and keep moving. If you stay at some interested points too long, you might have not enough time to finish the audio. Please do not take the long version which is about 2 hours. This half day tour is not designed to the long audio tour. If you really like to study Khmer Rouge and want to spend more time at museum, you are advised to take your own private tour. Besides taking the short version, you are advised to use in-house live guide service (depending on availability of guides)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
Bloody Hell. What can I say? Just total evil. Problem is, it is still going on today in different countries.
Informative, guide's English was good, but only 4/5 stars, not 5/5 because the tour was somewhat rushed and not all exhibits were visited and/or covered. If you want more time on the site, it may be better to take a tuk-tuk and hire a guide there locally.
As sad as it is it’s a must do tour,It was a good way to get from S21 to Killing fields you do a self guided audio tour at both places, it was very hot on the bus but they did offer water.
I knew the subject matter of this tour would be difficult and emotional but I think it was a necessary stop while in Cambodia.
The tour was just as described; transportation to the S-21 prison then off to the Killing Fields then back to the hotel. Water was included and a documentary about Pol Pot ran during the ride to the Killing Fields. Admission to both sites was extra and our tour guide organized the purchase of our tickets. Nothing more, nothing less.