Ostia Antica Guided Tour Including the Ancient Theater and Baths
See the thermal baths, the Forum, the Capitolium as well as the original restaurants, shops, mills, wine warehouses, laundries and much more. Ostia Antica can be easily reached by train from Rome.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica, Viale Dei Romagnoli 717, 00119 Ostia Antica Italy
Meet your local guide at the Ostia Antica ticket office and begin your 3 -hour guided walking tour of the site.
Now a ghost town, Ostia was once Rome’s ancient port. Explore the maze of abandoned streets and buildings, enjoy the Baths of Neptune and admire the black and white mosaics of Neptune, Amphitrite, the theater and the forum, which was once the center of city life.
Your guide will share insights into how inhabitants used to live.
It’s a walk into history where you can experience life as it was during the days when Rome was an important port to the entire ancient world.
Duration: 3 hours
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes
- Approximately 2 km of walking is involved in the tour with breaks to sit and enjoy the site
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
Just an amazing day with Maria. She was a true expert and was able to just us a much deeper understanding of the town and the Romans who lived there.
Very nice, leisurely day, but full of walking. Great guide, who gave us a historical perspective we hadn't had before! Well worth the time!!!!