4-Hour Private Alpine Great George at High Wall Mountain from Vienna
The "rear wall" of the Hohe Wand is much quieter than its southern flank. Two romantic canyons are there the landscape-defining elements. At their visit, one almost feels forgotten. The romantic, Great Gorge forms the heart of this mountain hike. Over some of the relatively high ladders, you can overcome impressive rock formations and also a small former show cave can be visited. Compared to the rather crowded south side of the Hohe Wand, this hike is very quiet and almost deserted.
• Naturpark Hohe Wand, Kleine Kanzel-Strasse 241, Maiersdorf 2724 Austria
Traveler pickup is offered
We offer a pick-up service for all Vienna hotels, which are located in districts 1 to 12 and can be reached by car if the option is available on the selected tour.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- 1 infant seat is available on request if advised at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately! Only if the weather is dangerous for life and limb, we are entitled to choose a different (as equal) tour. If it is not possible to avoid the danger, we will cancel the tour free of charge
- The use of mountain boots is strongly recommended
- In winter time sometimes additional equipment (snow chains, snowshoes) is needed.
- You have to be free from vertigo and safe over steep terrain (sure footedness)
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not possible for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
We were guided on a fantastic hike outside of Vienna. The drive there was nice and our guide Michael gave information about the areas we drove through. The hike Michael took us on was fantastic and amazing to see the beautiful scenery and be out in nature. Our guide, Michael, was great and I would go on other tours with him in the future.
Michael was so great and knowledgeable!! Could not have asked for a better day.
The tour with Michael is amazing! I travelled during winter and the the mountain is covered with snow. We reached the top in 3 hours and the view was breathtaking. Michael is also very informative to show you the best, we viewed a cave, climbed through some ladders! Worth going!