City to Sea Electric Bike Tour
Our tours are accessible for anyone who can ride a bike. The riding is flat so the focus is more on taking in the sights rather than getting a workout.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Avon River, Christchurch New Zealand
Following the Avon River from city to sea is a popular ride. The 12km trail takes in a mixture of purpose built cycle and walking track as well as roads that have been closed to motorised vehicles following the 2011 earthquake. No longer a demolition zone, the Avon River corridor is a green space that bridges the city and coast. Enjoy a coffee in the village of New Brighton, take in the pier and seaside air. There is plenty of time to explore with fantastic views of the Port Hills and a different perspective on Christchurch.
Duration: 4 hours
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
We had the best afternoon with Stu taking us first through the vibrant rebuilding of Christchurch and then on an awesome ride down to the sea at New Brighton. We had the best bikes to cycle off road on the Avon River trail. Got a coffee. More chatting then home with more urban ‘look see’ bike touristing. You will see more than you could possibly imagine. This was excellent value and a memorable day.