Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Trip from Krakow Old Town
The trip includes permanent exhibitions, original...
The trip includes permanent exhibitions, original buildings of the main Auschwitz camp and the most important buildings of the Auschwitz (II) - Birkenau camp. Join a group of up to 30 fellow travellers and explore this harrowing period in human history led by a professional English-speaking guide. The price includes pickup from your accommodation or one of the meeting points, an admission ticket, a tour with a professional guide in English, a drink and transport back to Krakow. You can choose to end your trip at one of 5 central drop-off points.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Panstwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-Birkenau, ul. Wiezniow Oswiecimia 20 Entrance to the Museum is located at Stanisławy Leszczyńskiej Str. no. 11, Oswiecim 32-603 Poland
Due to the length of this trip or the tour option, the duration may vary. Getting to the Museum from Krakow takes about an hour and a half. The visit takes place in groups of 30 people. After a short break before entering the museum, the visit in Auschwitz I takes about two hours and after a second 15-minute break, another hour in Auschwitz II-Birkenau.
Duration: 4 hours
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from the location you specify, if your hotel / hostel / apartment is in a car-restricted zone, we will choice the closest convenient pick-up place for you. also the same way we choose the place where the trip ends
- J. Paul II Balice Intl Airport, Krakow Poland
- Katowice Airport, Wolności 90, 42-625 Ożarowice, Poland
|Monday - Sunday:||07:00 AM - 01:00 PM|
|Monday - Sunday:||07:00 AM - 11:00 AM|
|Monday - Sunday:||07:00 AM - 01:00 PM|
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- A considerate amount of walking is involved
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Bags and backpacks larger than 30x20x10 cm are not allowed on the museum grounds. You may store luggage in the vehicles free of charge.
- Youth between 18 and 26 years must present a valid student ID on the day of the activity.
- Please, provide exact name and surname from your passports/documents (we need this to reserve your tickets in the museum)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for children under 14 years of age
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
An amazing guide, that had emotion in his words, he made the whole experience, some thing I will never forget, thank you
The film on the journey very informative . The guide at the camp was very good . It was a very moving . Well worth a visit
The tour was exellently run from start to finish. The driver was very curtious and on time. Lunch was provided and was very fresh. The guide in both camps (same person) was very knowledgeable, and respectful. Obviously this is a tour of an historic site where horrendous,sub-human and barbaric acts occured and it was treated that way. Something everyone should see, young and old.
Would recommend this tour as a way of seeing the highlights of Auschwitz when staying in the centre of Krakow. The bus driver was very organised and the tour guide was very knowledgeable. The only slight inconvenience we were picked up much earlier than the time slot selected, and at a stop that was further away from our accommodation. That said, the bus driver did turn up on time.
The history was interesting and poignant, well run and lunch was good. The mini bus was comfortable and I appreciated the 35 minute video during the journey it gave you an in site of what happened at Auschwitz-Birkenau.