Cradle of Humankind Tour
3 hr, 30 min
Join us on the Cradle of Humankind tour, known as one of the 8 UNESCO World Heritage site which is an hour drive from Johannesburg.
We will visit exclusive sites that will give an overview of the origin of human kind in South Africa.
Intro offer: Book by March 1 to save 10%.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sterkfontein Caves Rd. Kromdraai Road Off the R563, Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site South Africa
We take a drive and our first stop we explore the Sterkfontein Caves; here you will take an hour long guided tour of the caves, which will take you on a journey deep under the earth to the place where the remains of some of the oldest fossils were discovered.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Maropeng Visitor Centre, R400 off R563 Hekpoort Road Sterkfontein, Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site 1911 South Africa
We then take a 10 minutes’ drive to Maropeng Visitor Centre, here you will journey back in time from the start of the universe, to the present and beyond. You will also get to view some of the displayed fossils, learn about how humankind was born.
Duration: 1 hour
- O.R. Tambo International Airport, 1 Jones Rd, Kempton Park, Johannesburg, 1632, South Africa
- Lanseria International Airport, Airport Rd, Lanseria, 1748, South Africa
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less