Shotover River Rafting Trip from Queenstown
Then hop in the rafts to experience the rugged beauty and unspoilt grandeur of the breathtaking scenery as you conquer this wild and untamed river. Tackle six rapid sections along the Shotover River, with stretches of calm water to take in the views, go for a swim, and soak up its gold mining history.
The long and narrow grade 4-5 ‘Mother’ section is made up of rapids such as ‘Aftershock’, ‘Sqeeze’, ‘Toilet’ and ‘Pinball’ and is sure to get your heart racing. Raft through the darkness of the 170 metre Oxenbridge Tunnel and shoot the Cascade Rapid to complete the rafting adventure.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children aged between 13 and 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Children aged 16 and above can raft alone with a signed consent form from parent/guardian
- Pregnant woman are unable to raft
- Minimum age 13 yrs
- Minimum weight 40kg
- Basic swimming skills are essential
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
Had a great time rafting Shotover river. The guides provided a safe experience. They were knowledgeable and fun.
We had a group of 9. The guides were great, they told stories and jokes. We had a blast, would do it again.
Was great fun. Don’t worry about what you’re wearing; you’ll get down to your swimsuit before putting on the wetsuit and wet-shoes they give you. Guides were great, lots of scenery in between the rapids.
Just when you think your trip can’t get any better you discover it can!!! This is a great day on the water!!! Our great guide Raju kept us entertained throughout the trip and our raft mates made it that much better!!! This is a great recreational ride with only a couple really exciting rapids. The ride through the tunnel is my highlight for sure!
What rush. We had a great team and skipper Glenn aka Horse. We all took direction well. No one fell over.