2-hour Private Valley of the Temples Tour in Agrigento
The archaeological park and landscape of the Valley of the Temples is the largest archaeological site in the world with 1,300 hectares, but the term 'valley' is a...
The archaeological park and landscape of the Valley of the Temples is the largest archaeological site in the world with 1,300 hectares, but the term 'valley' is a misnomer, the site being located on a ridge outside the town of Agrigento.
Through this tour you will have the chance to admire the magnificent Doric temples of the sacred hill, as the Temple of Hera (Juno), the Temple of Concordia, Temple of Herakles (Hercules), the Temple of Zeus (Jupiter) and Sanctuary of chthonic deities.
Follow the steps and the words of your expert guide and you will also understand the culture that led to the construction of those majestic structures and you will get to know the characters that made Akragas 'the most beautiful city of mortals'.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Valle dei Templi, Piazza Archeologica 1 Via Panoramica Dei Templi, 92100, Agrigento, Sicily Italy
Visit the Valle dei Templi
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Tempio della Concordia, 92100, Agrigento, Sicily Italy
Visit Tempio della Concordia
Duration: 20 minutes
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please note that this tour does not include any entrance tickets.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes, and take with you some water and sunscreen.
- Please note that this experience does not include transportation to the selected place.
- If the weather conditions are too bad to do the tour safely, the activity will be cancelled and you'll be given a full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
We are very happy that we decided to have a private guide to visit the Valley of the Temples as it really helped us to understand the history behind these incredible temples. 2 1/2 hours is the perfect amount of time to absorb these amazing ruins. Our tour guide was very engaging and we loved all the extra stories and of course visiting and feeding the cashmere sheep. Totally recommend
Rosaria was a great guide, answered all of our questions patiently, and was very knowledgeable about the temples, the city, and its history. Would definitely recommend!
Our guide Sergio was excellent. The six of us just loved his expertise in helping us understand the past. Great tour.
Excellent tour. Very informative!
Guide was very passionate and so knowledgable .. We learned so much and were very pleased with the tour!