KD Rhine Pass from Mainz
Daily departure from Mainz at 8.30am, in July +...
Daily departure from Mainz at 8.30am, in July + August also at 9.30am.
Without committing yourself to a certain route in advance, the Rhine Pass allows you to enjoy the Rhine Valley with its numerous beautiful castles, endless vineyards, the Loreley and much, much more. This is a fantastic alternative to rail travel, while viewing the Rhine Valley from it's best vantage point - the Rhine itself!
The Rhine Pass is valid on all scheduled KD day cruises between Cologne and Mainz, except special theme cruises and cruises including gastronomic service.
For a current timetable, please click on 'View Additional Info'.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Restaurant available onboard
- The Rhine Pass is valid on all scheduled KD day cruises between Cologne and Mainz, as well as the Moselle between Koblenz and Cochem except special theme cruises and cruises including gastronomic service
- Child prices are available for children aged 4 to 13 years (approximately EUR 6.00 per child). This is payable direct to the supplier on date of travel
- Infants aged 3 years and under travel free of charge
- Please note: if you travel to Cologne from Mainz you have to change boat in Koblenz.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
A paper voucher is required for this attraction/activity. You must print and bring your printed voucher with you on the day of the activity, as required by our local provider.View Less
The trip through the Rhine is really enjoyable, and the cities you can visit are amazing.
However, I arrived at 8.30 to take the programmed boat at Mainz, and KD had cancelled it. I had to wait until 9.30 to the next boat.
The boat is comfortable and you can order food there. The view of the castles and landscapes is outstanding.
Although I really recommend the trip you should know that, at most you can visit 2 cities during the day, and the boat is very slow. So, I would recommend taking the boat in one direction (getting off in some cities; I visited Rudesheim and Bacharach and both of them are great) and returning by train.
We started in Mainz and went up to Koblenz. We got off at a few stops along the way and had a great time. The number of castles you pass by while on the river is incredible!
The day pass on KD is a great bargain. Very nice tour of the Romantic Rhine. Descriptions in German and English. We took the KD from Mainz to Boppard. Rather than wait 4 hours for the boat that starts in Rudesheim, we took the train from Boppard to Koblenz. If we had it to do again, I would have started in Rudesheim and took KD boat all the way to Koblenz.
Great way to take in the beautiful countryside and local cities. Wine country, castles, shopping and dining. Or stay on the boat all day, take in the views!
Beautiful vistas! Attentive staff, tasty libations, and an extraordinary day! Our tour up the Rhine River was both relaxing and exciting. The views are exceptional, the breeze was subtle, and the day was glorious.