Marseille Shore Excursion: Private Tour of Avignon and Chateauneuf-du-Pape
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Avignon, Avignon, Vaucluse, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Explore and discover the city of the Popes
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Place du Palais des Papes, 84000, Avignon France
Possibility to visit the best preserved Gothic Palace in Europe
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pont Saint-Benezet (Pont d'Avignon), Boulevard de la Ligne, 84000, Avignon France
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Vaucluse, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Enjoy a wine tasting in one of the winery of the village
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- If your ship has to leave at 4pm or earlier the departure time of the tour might need to be amended. You will be emailed by the local supplier to inform you of any changes if necessary
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Please wait at the exit of the ship/cruise terminal, do not start to walk on the port area.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
We took this tour. The driver was nice and gave us some history of the area but there is not much to see. One cathedral and walking around a shopping area! Then one stop at a winery for 30 minutes. No tour of the winery etc.
This trip was worth the entire vacation. W were me inside the cruiseship terminal in Marseille. Our guide lived outside if Avignon and grew up working the vineyards at Chateauneuf-du-Pape. He really explained it all. Seeing the Roman wine making ruins was truly a once in a lifetime experience. Lots of steps but well worth it.
If you had more time in port, I would have liked this excursion to be extended to a full day because there was so much to see.
It was an amazing excursion. Florence is interesting and very knowledgeable guide. My husband and I had a wonderful time in Avignon and Chateauneuf-du-Pape. I highly recommend this excursion for people who want to visit Avignon and learn/taste great wines of Chateauneuf-du-Pape in one day.
We spent a lovely day on a private tour of Avignon and an enjoyable experience touring and sampling the wonderful wines of Chateauneuf-du-Pape. We would recommend this as a lovely getaway from the large group tours and truly enjoy the beauty of the surrounding areas of Marseille.