St. Lawrence Market and Old Toronto Food Tour
Your guide will give you a brief history lesson of Toronto and point out places of interest and historical facts along the way.You will visit Toronto's first church... Read More
Your guide will give you a brief history lesson of Toronto and point out places of interest and historical facts along the way.You will visit Toronto's first church and see one of the best collections of stained glass in all of Canada. Hear stories of the underground railway and the abolitionist movement in Toronto, the clown riots, the first public execution and the underground whiskey tunnel that dates back to prohibition.
Once you return to the market, the eating begins. Not only will you get to taste amazing foods but your guide will give you the back story as well the history of the dishes as you weave your way through the market tasting 14 delicacies from 12 different vendors. Read Less
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Family friendly
- Led by a local guide
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Instant Confirmation
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please indicate any dietary restrictions or food allergies at time of booking
- Gluten free and vegan options may be available for a small surcharge. Please inquire at time of booking
- Tours run in all weather conditions, please dress accordingly
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable footwear
- Baby strollers may not fit in all restaurants and may require being left outside
- Proof of age may be required, please bring government issued photo ID
- Please note that the market's busiest day is Saturday and tastings may vary. Guests booking the Saturday tour are asked to be mindful of this as you may experience limited seating areas and slightly longer wait times. A walk through the farmers market tent is included on the Saturday tour.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
Once the tour started it was very interesting with a professional tour-guide. Very good impression of the historic parts of old Toronto.The problem was the starting time of the tour; we were not informed correctly about the time: on the confirmation voucher was stated start 14.00hrs. but, meeting point and time: 10.00hrs.! So we had to wait about 4 hrs if not we could have lost our money and tour!
Our tour of St. Lawrence Market and Old Toronto led by Ariel was fantastic! He did an outstanding job of mixing facts and fun for a great experience. I have done a number of similar tours and this one is high on the list! This is a must do for people visiting the area. Thanks for a great day!
Taking a food tour in the Old Toronto part of town turned into a very interesting and delicious experience, Our tour guide, John, was a pro, and gave us interesting pieces of info accompanied by food. It was great to hear about why Toronto is called
Wonderful tour and experience. Our guide was fantastic. Interesting neighborhood history and then the food at St. Lawrence Market was over the top!! Great variety and LOTS of food!
Of all the things we did this was by far the most interesting and worth the money. Our guide was knowledgeable and knew his food and Toronto history. Though the order of eating would have been different if I were in charge, by no means was it skimpy. You cannot leave this tour hungry unless you choose to. The stands you are eating from have been in families for generations and they bantered with the guide and answered questions. Every dollar I spent on this was worthwhile, along giving up my strict paleo diet for a day! I would recommend this tour to anyone, foodie or not. Literally something to eat for any and everyone.