1-Day Kunming Temple and Market Tour
• Golden Temple: a tranquil Taoist temple in a big park of green pines and verdant cypresses
• Flower and Bird Market: the real Old Kunming center
• Hidden cultural sites: learn the history of Kunming trough some hidden sites around the Green Lake.
After Lunch, we will go to the Green Lake Park, which is historically connected to the Golden Temple. The Green Lake is the bustling green center...
After Lunch, we will go to the Green Lake Park, which is historically connected to the Golden Temple. The Green Lake is the bustling green center of Kunming city. Stroll through this beautiful park to see the daily life of modern Chinese people, where people practice Taiichi, local middle-aged ladies come to ‘square dance’ and grandpa’s jam together with their traditional Chinese instruments. In summer the whole park lake is covered with a carpet of fragrant lotus flowers, in the winter the lake is filled with thousands of seagulls that migrate here from Siberia. The Jingxing Flower and Bird Market reflects the Old Kunming way of life, with a lot of people selling flowers, birds, fish, insects, bamboo bongs and pipes. Sometime you can even see old people “Liu Niao” which means they take their bird cages out for a walk in the park.
Start Time: 9:00 am
Return DetailsTour ends at visitors's hotel
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less