1-Day Dali Baba Cooking and Cruise Tour
• Xizhou: morning market, see Bai-style traditional architecture along the old tea-horse road
• Xizhou Baba: learn to make this local delicacy
• Tie Dye: traditional Bai ethnic tie-dye workshop in Zhoucheng
• Erhai Lake: cruise on Erhai Lake to a local fishing village
Xizhou Baba is a local delicacy which you can normally just buy on the local market. But on this trip, we will take you into a local folk house to make your own Baba. Xizhou baba is a baked...
Xizhou Baba is a local delicacy which you can normally just buy on the local market. But on this trip, we will take you into a local folk house to make your own Baba. Xizhou baba is a baked pancake with a crispy crust and filled with one of two flavors: sweet or savory. The sweet one is made of sweet rose sugar and brown sugar in it, the savory one is filled with delicious salty meat.
Our next destination is Zhoucheng Village, which is called the “Hometown of Ethnic Bai Tie-Dye Culture” and take a look around a traditional Tie-Dye workshop. Don’t be fooled by the tie-dye we know in the west; the Bai people knot together true pieces of art that you would never have guessed to be tie-dyed. All tie-dye products are handmade with natural materials and dyes. Bai tie-dyeing is a century-old technique in China and can be separated in two steps, Tying and Dyeing. Bai ladies need a lot of skill and patience to shape the patterns and the results are different for each tie-dye product. Here you can see how grandmothers hand over this century old tradition to mothers and daughters and follow their process with your own eyes.
Around noon, we will take a relaxing cruise on Erhai Lake towards Jinsuo Island – a small cormorant-bird fishing village. From there you can enjoy the majestic view of the green and clouded Cangshan Mountain Range looming over the Three Pagodas, as swarms of birds fly peacefully around you over the tranquil lake. After that, the guide will take you back to Dali Ancient Town. Spend your time in the old town having a drink in one of Dali’s many cozy little bars or warmly decorated coffeeshops or strolling around its lively main streets where local young artists sell all kinds of beautiful handicrafts. Your journey will end here and we wish you a great trip to wherever you are off to next!
Gathering Time: from 8:30 am to 9:00 am
Start Time: 9:00 am
Return DetailsTour ends at Dali Ancient Town
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less